This spring, we welcomed a small team of experts from leading destination spa, Ananda in the Himalayas to London. The team included: Mahesh Natarajan who is the Senior VP of Marketing, Sales, & Business Development, Head of Culinary, Sandeep Biswas and Sandeep Agarwalla, Head of Yoga.
The purpose was to bring a taste of Ananda to the UK and showcase the spa’s incredible offering to a wide audience. Over the course of the week, in partnership with Kurtz-Ahlers & Associates, we organised a packed schedule of media, B2B and B2C events during which the team met with over 125 potential customers, 20 travel partners as well as 15 journalists and editors.
What did the client think?
“I was really overwhelmed by how fantastic it has been. […} What was really impressive was the quality of interactions, the positive interest and future potential. Lastly and the highlight for us was the planning and attention to every detail and the care that you all took to make these absolutely seamless and enjoyable.”
Mahesh Natarajan, Ananda in the Himalayas
- A full day of ‘news update meetings’ (with Mahesh) and private Hatha Yoga sessions (with Sandeep) with leading wellness and travel media
- Event with renowned personal trainer Matt Roberts at his Mayfair studio, whereby his clients and press came to hear about the launch of the brand new Matt Roberts retreat at Ananda this autumn
- Introductions to new wellbeing experts, therapists and a celebrity chef (watch this space…) who are all keen to host retreats at Ananda
- Two private dinners hosted by former clients / friends of Ananda, where Sandeep led a relaxing yoga session and Chef presented a three course Ayurvedic menu. Attendees loved the personalised experience and the following day at least one guest was on the phone ready to book a wellness break at Ananda…
- Breakfast event with the London Meditation Centre to launch a new joint retreat, scheduled to take place at Ananda in March 2018 (watch this space…). Clients of the London Meditation Centre and media were treated to a thali style breakfast prepared by Ananda’s Chef
- Three consumer events at The Alternative Healthcare centre in Haywards Heath. Specialising in Ayurveda, the centre’s team is headed up by Dr Mathew who used to work at Ananda himself. Over 40 of the centre’s members came to sample Ananda’s delicious Ayurvedic cuisine, enjoy a yoga and meditation session and learn about the principles of Ayurveda, meditation, yoga and vedanta which are central to Ananda’s offering
- The Vogue House boardroom was transformed into an Ananda showroom, where editorial teams from publications including Brides, Conde Nast Traveller, Glamour, GQ, House & Garden, Tatler, Vanity Fair, Vogue and Wired met the team and enjoyed a buffet style lunch, with each dish prepared according to the Tri Dosha theory
- Two tour operator and travel agent events, as well as an in-store event in partnership with Kuoni, whereby customers and staff enjoyed a presentation about Ananda and had the opportunity to sample Ayurvedic recipes