Need an excuse to run away? We’ll give you plenty. Here’s our insider’s guide to the top wellness retreats to flee the stresses and strains of our busy lives, this summer and beyond.
- Wildfitness‘s upcoming retreat in Crete has embraced a “Taste of the Gods” theme. The week-long fitness holiday is based in a magical mountain hamlet in Milia where guests stay in an authentic monks settlement that blends harmoniously with the environment. The schedule is packed with workshops and adventurous training that takes place in the stunning surrounding area. In keeping with the destination, The Taste of the Gods are a range of nutritious Mediterranean dishes lovingly prepared with foraged, locally-sourced ingredients fitness junkies will enjoy during the week. Wildfitness retreats in Crete take place on 17 and 24 September 2016. ———————————————————————————————————————————————-———————
- For those preferring a more alpine backdrop, The Original FX Mayr in Austria has launched a new yoga concept, “The Flow”, to enhance the natural detox progress of The Cure. Guests will be able to practise a range of yoga classes on the water, on the deck overlooking lake Worthesee or in the surrounding forests this summer. ——————-———–
- In the subcontinent, Ananda in the Himalayas has introduced Dhyana Deep Self-Realisation programme. The 7-night stay helps spa-goers to gain more control over their physical and mental state of mind, balancing them emotionally as well as spiritually through meditation and yoga. ————————————————————————————————————–——————–
- Restival Arizona has been announced for this September, bringing the nomadic event to the sacred land of the Navajo Homeland (the camp is located next to James Turrell’s famous Roden Crater). The indigenous culture of the region is a key theme of every Restival, and in Arizona guests can learn about the life of the Navajo tribe through a series of cultural, creative events, curated workshops and wellness experiences. Unplug and unwind on 8-13 and 16-21 September. ——————————————————————————————– —————-
- The Wild Pause (22-24 July 2016) is an escape into the wilderness to liberate your soul’s deepest desire for freedom. Founder Danielle Marchant has partnered with Ian Prickett, a well-respected Polar Explorer with over 20 years experience, to bring a full blown multidimensional sensory experience. A weekend eating and sleeping under the stars, immersed fully in nature to gain insight on how you cope with change and the unpredictable rawness of nature and life.– ————————————————————————————————–
- In the heart of Provence, Le Mas Candille now offers spa treatments and products from pioneering brand ESPA. One of the signature spa journeys is Total Wellbeing which features an aromatherapy massage, a bespoke ESPA facial plus a choice of luxury hand or foot treatment, a spa product from the boutique as well as lunch at pool-side restaurant La Pergola.— ————————————————————————————————————————-
- Personalisation is at the heart of a host of new initiatives at The Alpina Gstaad. In addition to a new bespoke wellness programme in its Six Senses Spa, the luxurious Swiss hotel is now offering guests the option of Healthy-Bars in their room and a private, in-suite shopping service. A new addition to its spa treatment list this summer, The Alpina Gstaad has also introduced a brand new facial by Biologique Recherche.——————————————————————————————————————————————-——————————————
- If China is on your radar, global spa management company, Resense, is offering residents of Harbin, a unique spa experience with the opening of the Kempinski The Spa at Kempinski Hotel Harbin, in northeastern China. Designed as a haven for local residents, hotel guests and business travellers, the 2,000 square metre spa has a “Spa Club”. The signature treatment, The Perennial Experience, lasts 120 minutes and is a complete wellness solution ideal for preventing & resolving stress in your mind & body.
Once you have chosen your healthy break, there is no excuse not to look the part with Asquith “athleisure” summer essentials. This season’s must-haves will ensure you are effortlessly stylish whether training or relaxing. ——————————————————-
If all of the above leaves you confused about which wellness holidays to book… then the Queen of Retreats team share their favourites, from Summer yoga holidays in Europe to short haul, quick-fix, healthy breaks.